News and Events
Email us with items for inclusion on this page.
We have a new lift, making our upstairs rooms accessible to those in wheelchairs
Next Messy Church - 23rd December - 3.30-5pm
Crib, Carols and Crackers!
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
What is it? - Craft based church, and a meal, for all the family.
How does it work?
- Time to chat and play board games over a coffee / tea / juice
- Time to enjoy being together and making things, as a family
- Short time of worship to celebrate and share what we have done together
- Time to eat together
How do I book? - no need, just turn up!
Raise money for Heworth Methodist the easy (fundraising) way!
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – Christmas presents, your annual holiday – you could be collecting free donations for Heworth Methodist Church? There are over 3,000 shops and sites, ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury's – it doesn't cost you a penny extra! It's as easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Go to to our easyfundraising page and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to the easyfundraising site first, to find the site you want and then start shopping.
- After you’ve logged out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost at all to you.
There are no catches or hidden charges and Heworth Methodist Church will be really grateful for your donations.
A Word in Time - Methodist Online Bible Study
An online Bible study called A Word in Time. It features a daily Bible reading, background and an explanation of the text, reflections and questions to ponder from that week’s contributor, and follows the readings in the Methodist Prayer Handbook. You can read the study, or download audio files for each day’s Bible study to a computer or mp3 player and listen at a time convenient to yourself.
'Towards the place where world and worship meet' - resources for outward focused worship, including lots of prayers about wider world issues and situations.
Changed daily, an opportunity to take a brief time out to relax, and reflect and pray with a Bible passage. 'Three minutes a day can give you 24 hours of peace'. Rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition.
Last updated 17/12/2017